Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Sweetish Diwali

Let me start by wishing you a belated very happy diwali and a belated happy new year.What better time to start something new than this propitious period of Diwali.No,I am not superstitious nor am I an atheist.

Diwali is termed as the 'festival of lights' but it is not just that.Diwali,in fact,is a festival of lights,noise and sweets!Yes,the latter one must have given people with sweet tooths a shot of saliva.This Diwali I have surprised myself by the fact that I have been enjoying sweets.The guy who hated sweet things for quite some time has suddenly started cherishing them.It's not an unwanted change considering my physique.I hope it helps me gain a few hundred grams,if not kilos which I am badly in need of.

There is a general belief that this Diwali has been great for most of the families in the three states where state assembly elections were held.Take,for instance,my town.There were crores of rupees spent by the candidates in an attempt to woo the voters.From sponsoring fire crackers to gifting mobile phones to distributing food coupons and God knows what else.Hence,there is no doubt about the fact that elections are a great time for the economy and for the nation as a whole as a fairly good amount of black money is pumped back into the market.What happy times it would be if elections were held every year.

No comments: